Almost once a week I get asked to share my must haves for full-time and part-time camper living. So, here we go…
We’ve lived in a camper for 5 years and were getting ready to move into a new home. Camper life has been great but now were ready for a change. We’re so excited about our Florida home and can’t wait to share it all with you. Check out my other posts under Mimosa Parke House.
After living in a camper for that many years, I’ve learned a thing or two on some important products that can make it a little easier for day to day living. Most of these links are from Amazon. They are affiliated links. I can get credit for you clicking on them! No purchase necessary.
- First we have to talk about stools. I’m short and camper cabinets can be tall! So I have 2 of these tucked away in a space that is out of sight. Link is below picture.
- SHOE STORAGE! Even though we have shoe storage in our closet our shoes kept piling up right inside the doorway. We kept tripping over our sneaker and adventure shoes because they needed to dry out before putting them away. This one is from IKEA and it’s a shoe cabinet. There are many to choose from, we just have this particular one in our camper.
- I love these baskets! I put them on the outsides of doors or on walls that have little traffic so they won’t get knocked off. I use them to put our cooking utensils in, like wooden spoons and spatulas. Also, we homeschool so I use them to put loose papers in. Amazon has many to choose from but I love the farmhouse look of these.
- Water filter! So important. This one is one that we regularly buy. You can also buy them at wal-mart but most of the time they are cheaper on amazon.
- Space savers for your cabinets and plastic microwavable plates are two of my must haves. Our camper has limited cabinet space so these plate cradles help free up space and keep everything in place while traveling. The plates are just so easy to clean and you don’t have to worry about them breaking. For a family of 4, you only need to purchase the 4.
- Command products will be your best friend. Here are some of my favorites:
- I’m surprised at how many people don’t know about RV toilet paper. It’s a must for full timers as it dissolves quicker.
- These are our favorite jack stands. They’re a little pricey but they make a huge difference with the shaking of your camper. We lived in windy Wyoming for little while and we could tell a difference once we purchased these for our camper. Jack Blocks are also a huge time saver for set up and break down when traveling. I promise you will love them.
- For more stabilization and to save you from possible theft we use a hitch tripod (for a 5th wheel) like this:
- Lastly, we’ve been in some pretty rough weather with the temperature being in the negative so we always keep a heated hose on hand.
I’m sure I can add a few more things to this list, but these are our favorite products that actually work and they are practical. These are affiliated links from Amazon that I do get credit for even if you just click on the link. I’m so excited that you read this post. I will be posting more about RV washing machines and more products that we’ve used during our 5 year Full-time RV life. Thanks!
Leave a comment and definitely share on Pinterest.Create Amazon Business Account