Summer is the time to plan or blow bubbles or plan…I can’t decide which one. Planning can be stressful but I’m a nerd so I think its fun. I also had a little help from G for his 4th grade year. I like him to have a say in which activities or curriculum he wants to partake in each year in hopes that maybe we won’t have so much fussing over that subject. But math is math and there ain’t nothing you can do about it! Hopefully our choices will make it a smooth sailing year.
Click on each highlighted link to see product.
Each morning we use a basket of goodies. This basket gets our hearts right and blood moving to our brains! It’s not necessarily all in a basket but we do keep them all together in one place for easy access. Here are some of the things we will have in our basket for forth grade:
- Bible: These will be spread out through the year. Not consumed: Content Heart Bible Study, More than words level 1 and we’re reading The Story (super excited about this one!)
- Hymns: I look them up on YouTube
- Latin: Getting Started with Latin. We’ve been using this same one for 2 years. Slow and steady wins the race. We hope to finish it this year.
- Shakespeare: We’re studying The Tempest this year. Here are the books were using: Tales from Shakespeare, How to teach your children Shakespeare and Usborne Shakespeare.
- Artist Study: Fall: Caravaggio, Winter: Michelangelo, and Spring: Jan van Eyck
- Composer Study: Handel, Bach, Beethoven, Wagner( mostly in the winter and spring)
- Poetry: Rudyard Kipling: We will be reading his poetry book: Poetry for Young People, Reading Just So Stories and we will be reading Jungle Book (plus Disney movie)
- On Fridays we play games. Math Games, Nature games, Puzzles, and Board Games.
Math: I still haven’t decided, but I have narrowed down my choices to these 3.
- Beast Academy 4a-4d
- Easy Peasy Math 5/6
- BJU Math 5
- Sonlight Histroy D: Midevil Times and Early American
- America’s Story 1
- Cottage Press Autumn-Spring
- Spelling Wisdom
- Handwriting: Jokes and Riddles
- Root Words
- Writing Fabulous Sentences
- Marine Biology (The Good and the Beautiful)
- North American Animals (CM Simple Studies) and we will be using Burgess Animal Book
- Finishing up Zoology: Flying Creatures(Apologia) and The Notebook
- Abeka Health and Science 4
Reader Books: These are the books that G will read to me for 4th grade. Click on each book title to see on Amazon. You can also find out which books I plan to read aloud for the year here.
- The King’s Equal
- The Family Under the Bridge
All colored links are my affiliate links. I might get a small commission when you purchase from this site at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Cheers to another great homeschool year!
Best wishes, Amy